1. In ‘The Power of Now‘, Eckhart Tolle shows readers how to recognize themselves as the creators of their own pain, and how to have a pain-free existence by living fully in the present. Accessing the deepest self, the true self, can be learned, he says, by freeing ourselves from the conflicting, unreasonable demands of the mind and living present, fully, and intensely, in the Now.
2. In ‘A New Earth’, Tolle expands on these powerful ideas to show how transcending our ego-based state of consciousness is not only essential to personal happiness, but also the key to ending conflict and suffering throughout the world. Tolle describes how our attachment to the ego creates the dysfunction that leads to anger, jealousy, and unhappiness, and shows readers how to awaken to a new state of consciousness and follow the path to a truly fulfilling existence.
3. In ‘The 7 Habits of Highly Effective PeopleT’, author Stephen R. Covey presents a holistic, integrated, principle-centered approach for solving personal and professional problems. With penetrating insights and pointed anecdotes, Covey reveals a step-by-step pathway for living with fairness, integrity, honesty, and human dignity — principles that give us the security to adapt to change and the wisdom and power to take advantage of the opportunities that change creates.
6. A ’Course in Miracles’ is a complete self-study spiritual thought system that teaches that the way to universal love and peace – or remembering God – is by undoing guilt through forgiving others, healing our relationships and making them holy. Emphasizing that it is but one version of the universal curriculum, it uses the language of traditional Christianity, but expresses a non-sectarian, non-denominational spirituality.
7. ‘The Biology of Belief‘ will forever change how you think about thinking. Through the research of Dr. Lipton and other leading-edge scientists, stunning new discoveries have been made about the interaction between your mind and body and the processes by which cells receive information. It shows that genes and DNA do not control our biology, that instead DNA is controlled by signals from outside the cell, including the energetic messages emanating from our thoughts.
8. In ‘The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success‘, Deepak Chopra offers a life-altering perspective on the attainment of success: Once we understand our true nature and learn to live in harmony with natural law, a sense of well-being, good health, fulfilling relationships, energy and enthusiasm for life, and material abundance will spring forth easily and effortlessly. Filled with timeless wisdom and practical steps you can apply right away, this is a book you will want to read and refer to again and again.
9. ‘The Secret‘ contains wisdom from modern-day teachers — men and women who have used it to achieve health, wealth, and happiness. By applying the knowledge of The Secret, they bring to light compelling stories of eradicating disease, acquiring massive wealth, overcoming obstacles, and achieving what many would regard as impossible. You’ll begin to understand the hidden, untapped power that’s within you, and this revelation can bring joy to every aspect of your life.
10. ‘Rich Dad Poor Dad‘ explores the myth that you need to earn a high income to become rich. Challenge the belief that your house is an asset. Show parents why they can’t rely on the school system to teach their kids about money. Define once and for all an asset and a liability. Teach you what to teach your kids about money for their future financial success.
Words can’t explain how transformational these books are, furthermore these are just a few of the many books that I’ve found enlightening. Be sure to check out my Pinterest board ‘Must Read Enlightening Books‘, where I’m always adding new books regularly. Have you read any of the above books? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
Shawna Kay ( Blissed Out Belle )